1. I dog-eared my pages like crazy when I was younger. Then, I started paying for books myself and since then I have NEVER dog-eared a page in a fiction novel. Sometimes I’ll do it to textbooks if I don’t have a post-it handy.
2. I never crack book spines if I can help it. (This excludes cookbooks.)
3. I have tons of books on my shelves that I bought discounted or picked up from the free book table at my college that I haven’t read yet, and still pass over when I’m looking for something to read.
4. I very rarely loan out my books, and only to certain people (and only certain books). This caveat came after I had to purchase Pendragon: The Merchant of Death THREE TIMES because I kept loaning it to people who never gave it back.
5. I like to read at least one fiction and one nonfiction at the same time.
6. I save scraps of paper to use as bookmarks.
7. I don’t make enough time to read these days. I blame Netflix.
8. I don’t buy new books very often because I don’t want to spend money on something I’m not sure I’ll like (though this is less of a problem since I follow lots of lovely book review blogs now).
9. I don’t use the library because I don’t like to give books back.
10. I love stories with romance in them, but I don’t like stories that are only about romance.
So what are your book confessions? Tell me in the comments!