Whew! I have been quite busy the last couple of days as I try to wrap up my word count for Camp NaNoWriMo (less than 5,000 words to go!), and it seems that in my absence I have been nominated not once, but twice for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you Natasha at Writer, Reader, Baker, Bride and Matt at Wanton Creation! You are both quite lovely yourselves.
I love these blog awards. It’s a great way for all of us to feel validated (haha) and also connect with other similar blogs. So woo! But there are rules.
1. Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
3. Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
4. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
Hokay, number one done! Now number two. Seven possibly unknown things about myself.
- Despite the fact that I loathe smoking, whenever I imagine myself sitting on a bench somewhere as a writer doing “research” I always picture a cigarette in my hand. I blame Emma Thompson for this (see Stranger than Fiction).
- York Peppermint Patties are my favorite candy. I think they’re probably going to be my writer’s vice, because all writers need vices.
- My hair is currently the longest it’s been in five or six years.
- I’ve named a lot of the characters and places in my novel after amino acids, because I started writing it in 10th grade biology class.
- I constantly amaze my boyfriend with how little I read on the internet. He’ll throw out names of bloggers like I should recognize them and then sighs when I go “Who?”
- Though I’ve moved at least twelve times, I’ve always lived within a thirty-mile radius, with the exception of the first two years of my life.
- I love to read, but I’m such a miser that I’m extremely reluctant to buy new books in case I don’t like them.
So there you have it. You know a little bit more about me than you used to. Now on to my nominations!
The Phoenix and Olive Branch– Seriously one of my favorite blogs ever. Sierra is incredibly eloquent on subjects of Christian patriarchy, feminism and sexism, what have you.
Read, You Bastard– Pretty sure I’ve nominated Doug for awards before, but I can’t for the life of me remember. Anyway, his book reviews are entertaining and informative, and I absolutely love the name of the blog.
Norbrook’s Blog– A wonderful political blog.
Katie is a Teacher– Highly amusing. My favorites are the hilarious student quotes.
Thirty Threadbare Mercies– Another one of my favorites. Rhea writes the most beautiful things about her life and I love to read her posts.
Hardcovers and Heroines– A fun, cute blog about literary nerdom.
A Confederacy of Spinsters– Entertaining stories about life, the universe, and everything.
Inkless– The blog of fantasy author Jen Bresnick, where I find camaraderie in writing.
re:blog– Graphic design!
SORRYIAMNOTSORRY– Sometimes hilarious, sometimes questionable blog about life and dating and things.
Self Land Stories– Another writer, Richard Denoncourt, talking about surviving the industry.
Reluctant Xtian– Excellent blog from the other side of the religious divide.
Fabulous Realms– Taking a look at useful fantasy elements and trends.
The Book and Biscuit– Books. Food. What more could you want?
The Syncretic Soubrette– Another blog about life and its subtleties.
Thank you again for the nominations! Expect a post this weekend after I’ve completed NaNoWriMo!